November 20, 2017
We have been working hard on our latest project for quite some time and should have some new hardware, software, and testing results to share over the next few weeks! The end goal is to fly a balloon around the world while continuously monitoring the payload position and health status, with an eventual commanded cut down in a safe, retrievable location.
Here are our upcoming milestones:
• Receive printed circuit board and complete electrical and mechanical assemblies.
• Test payload functions and cut down with a balloon tether test.
• Test payload functions at altitude with a planned 45 minute flight.
• Test payload functions and day/night survivability with a US "continental" flight.
• Complete full around-the-world flight.